At Precision Digital Dentistry, we proudly serve patients of all ages with the latest and most proven orthodontic treatments. When it comes to kids braces, we believe in early treatment, or interceptive intervention, for the best possible outcome. By age seven, your child's mouth has grown enough to determine how it will develop as the permanent teeth start to emerge. Therefore, there are certain orthodontic issues that can be detected early and treated more easily by intervening at a young age.
Dr. Ma is an experienced and highly skilled dentist who can both identify and treat bite issues in young children. We are happy to explain the benefits of early orthodontic treatment, which may include the following:
- A better prediction for how permanent teeth will develop
- The ability to correct habits such as thumb sucking or tongue pushing that are causing the problem
- Correcting an open bite, cross bite deep bite or narrow arch
- The ability to direct the jaw growth to support emerging teeth
- Guiding permanent teeth into ideal position
- Preventing damage to protruding teeth
- Helping to prevent the need for more invasive dental correction in the future
- Improving the child's appearance and increasing self-esteem
As with all of our dental services, our treatments in kids braces are handled with modern precision and comfortable care at all times. We strive to help parents make well-informed decisions regarding the function and appearance of their child's smile.
Early Orthodontic Treatment
Early orthodontic treatment involves a two-phase approach. The first phase typically begins right away while your child still has many primary teeth. During this phase, Dr. Ma may address harmful habits and/or guide the jaw and arch into better position to accommodate permanent teeth. The second phase of orthodontic treatment is often initiated when your child gets older. This phase may include traditional braces to move the teeth into their final position. The specific treatment time is always dependent on your child's unique orthodontic concerns and growth patterns.
We enjoy serving your entire family. By building relationships with our patients at a young age, we are able to give them the most customized and streamlined dental care as they grow. If you would like your child to be evaluated for early orthodontic treatment, we encourage you to contact Precision Digital Dentistry and schedule an appointment with Dr. Ma.